Incomplete executions is a folder where scenario executions that could not be successfully finalized due to an error are stored. Each stored incomplete execution can be resolved either manually or automatically.
If a module encounters an error during its operation (see the Errors resulting into incomplete executions), a new incomplete execution is added to the Incomplete executions folder. Each incomplete execution contains the scenario's blueprint and all the bundles that can be mapped into the failed module. The list of incomplete executions can be opened by clicking on the INCOMPLETE EXECUTIONS tab in the scenario detail page:
See also the Enable data loss scenario setting.
Resolving incomplete executions
When a new incomplete execution is stored, you can resolve it as follows:
- Click on the INCOMPLETE EXECUTIONS tab.
- Locate the incomplete execution you would like to resolve and click on the "Detail" button.
If you first wish to see the log of all module's operations before you attempt to resolve the incomplete execution, you may resolve the incomplete execution from the HISTORY folder:
- Click on the HISTORY tab.
- Locate the scenario's failed execution log and click on the "Details" button.
- Open the module's log where all the module's operations are shown.
- Locate the failed operation and click on the "Resolve" button:
Options related to incomplete executions
The following options in the Scenario settings panel determine if and how the incomplete executions are stored:
Errors resulting into incomplete executions
There are several categories of errors which result into storing of incomplete executions. These may include: validation errors arising from incomplete or erroneous data, mostly because of a missing item that is expected in order to successfully process all data going through a module; or errors occurring from the final destination's unavailability because of temporary or long term connection failure (e.g. during connection to email or remote FTP server).
- If an error occurs on the first module in the scenario, the execution stops immediately and no incomplete execution is stored.
- If an error occurs on any other module and there is no error handler route attached, then:
- If the error type is ConnectionError, RateLimitError, OutOfSpaceError or ModuleTimeoutError, an incomplete execution record WITH auto-retry is stored.
- If the error type is DataError, InvalidConfigurationError, InvalidAccessTokenError, UnexpectedError, MaxFileSizeExceededError or MaxResultsExceededError, an incomplete execution record WITHOUT auto-retry is stored.
- If the error type is anything other than the above, the execution fails.