Connecting Integromat To Google Services Using a Custom OAuth Client
In this article, we will show you how to create your own project in Google Cloud Console and a custom OAuth client. This is useful for connecting restricted Google services, like Google Drive or Gmail, to Integromat.
- Personal use (@gmail.com and @googlemail.com users)
- Internal use (Google Workspace (formerly GSuite) users that prefer to use a custom OAuth client)
- a Google account
Google Drive App - OAuth Setup Workflow
Gmail App - OAuth Setup Workflow
Follow these steps to create a custom OAuth client for Google services:
1. Sign in to Google Cloud Platform using your Google credentials.
2. Open the Dashboard, and click the CREATE PROJECT button.
3. Enter the desired project name, and click the CREATE button.
4. Click the ENABLE APIS AND SERVICES button.
5. Type the name of the service you would like to use (for example, Gmail API, or Google Drive API) in the Search for APIs & Services field.
6. The desired service option should display as you type. Click on the API/service you want to connect to Integromat.
7. Click the ENABLE button to enable the selected API.
8. Go to APIs & Services > OAuth consent screen settings, choose the External option, and click the CREATE button.
9. Fill in the required fields as follows:
For OAuth consent screen section:
Enter the name of the app asking for consent.
|User Support Email|
Select your email.
|Developer contact information||Enter your email.|
For the Scopes section:
Click the Add or Remove Scopes button to add the required scopes.
|Scopes for Google APIs|
Add required scopes for the Google service you want to connect to Integromat.
The list of required scopes:
For the Test Users section:
Click the ADD USERS button to add the email address associated with the Google account you want to connect with Integromat.
10. Open the Credentials settings page.
11. Click the +CREATE CREDENTIALS button, and select the OAuth client ID option.
12. Fill in the required fields as follows, and then click the CREATE button to create the application:
|Authorized redirect URIs|
Add one of the following URIs:
13. A dialog containing the app's Client ID and Client Secret is displayed.
14. Go to Integromat, open the Create a connection dialog of the desired Google module (e.g., Gmail or Google Drive), and open the advanced settings by clicking the Show advanced settings checkbox.
15. Enter the Client ID and Client Secret you retrieved in step 14 (above) to the respective fields, and click Continue.
16. Sign in with your Google account.
17. The This app isn't verified window appears.
Click on the Advanced link, and then on the Go to Integromat (unsafe) link to allow access using your custom OAuth client.
18. Click Allow to grant Integromat permission.
19. Click the Allow button to confirm your choices.
Congratulations! The connection to the desired Google service using a custom OAuth client has been established.
100 Logins Limit Per Day Has Been Reached
This happens rarely, but when it does, we recommend creating another OAuth client.
 Access Not Configured
If this error message is displayed, you haven't enabled the corresponding API in your Google Cloud Platform.
To enable the API, please follow step 4, step 5, step 6, and step 7 as described above.
Authorization Error - Error 403: access_denied
Google has added the required settings for the Consent screen. You'll need to add the email address associated with the Google account you want to connect with Integromat as a Test user.
1. Sign in to the Google Cloud Platform using your Google credentials.
2. Go to APIs & Services > OAuth consent screen.
3. In the Test Users section, click the ADD USERS button to add a test user. Enter the email address associated with the Google account you want to connect with Integromat, and click Save.
4. Now, go to Integromat, and connect to the desired Google service.
Failed to verify connection 'My Google Restricted connection'. Status Code Error: 400
Your connection has expired and is no longer valid. You need to reauthorize the connection.
This error affects non-Google Workspace accounts. For more details please refer to the Google OAuth documentation.
Reauthorize your Google connection.
1. Log in to Integromat.
2. Navigate to Connections.
3. Find your Google connection and click Reauthorize button.