From Zapier to Integromat: Reasons To Switch and Never Look Back
There is no doubt that Zapier has been a pioneer in the software automation space, but a lot of users looking for advanced features are adopting Integromat. There are many reasons why this is happening, and some of the most popular are:
- Creating more complex integrations.
- Making use of practical features that are exclusive to Integromat.
- Getting a powerful automation platform for a fraction of what you currently pay.
If you are reading this, you might be in the process of switching over to Integromat or at least considering the move. In this article, we will address some of the most questions you might have, including:
- What are the differences between Integromat and Zapier?
- What does Integromat bring to the table in comparison to Zapier?
- How to go about transitioning from one to the other?
We understand the factors that come into play during these moments, and this is why we wish to provide you with a clear panorama of what Integromat does, and why it is the logical replacement for a product like Zapier.
What Are the Main Differences Between Integromat and Zapier?
The first thing you will notice is how different both platforms look.
Integromat uses visual representations of workflows, which you can edit, expand and iterate using the intuitive, drag-and-drop scenario editor (also referred to as “visual builder”, or simply “builder”).
The builder allows you to manipulate modules and see how processes execute in real-time:
This looks pretty slick, but it also happens to be very useful. Scenarios can grow in size and complexity, and being able to visualize every module at a glance allows for the following:
- Clarity: getting a clear view of scenarios is key to understanding processes, and improving these over time (if necessary).
- Real-time execution: watch in real-time how your automation is executed and how data flows through your scenario. This is nothing but a strong visual aid in understanding data flow and its results.
- Error Handling: see and locate errors where they happen, and address the issue on a granular level.
- Flexibility: easily rearrange, duplicate, copy and maintain modules, or even entire scenarios.
On top of the interface, you will also notice that the terminology is different between Integromat and Zapier.
From “zaps” to “scenarios”, Integromat’s basic terms differ from Zapier’s. You can refer to the following list to avoid getting lost in translation:
By charging users per operations, Integromat provides a full-service platform at an overall cheaper price point than Zapier depending on your usage. See more on our pricing page.Last but not least, one of the major differences between both platforms is their price.
In addition, we openly encourage users to try out our free plan, which provides you with 1,000 operations and 100MB data transfer per month to thoroughly explore the platform and its features.
Now that we’ve covered the main differences at first glance, let’s dive into the features you will get after switching from Zapier to Integromat.
Under the Hood: What Makes Integromat Different?
Compared to other services, Integromat can do a whole lot more.
Let’s check some of the possibilities that are available in Zapier but improved in Integromat, as well as some features that are exclusive to Integromat.
Features Improved by Integromat
- Unlimited amount of routes in a scenario.
- Data storage allows you to store data from scenarios or to transfer data between scenarios.
- The minimum time for intervals between runs is 1 minute in Integromat, and 5 minutes in Zapier.
- Users have the ability to launch a one-time execution of individual modules or entire scenarios at once.
Exclusive Integromat Features
- Working with files, including manipulation and archiving.
- Advance scheduling, which allows you to run scenarios on specific days and times.
- The option to disable logging of transmitted data.
- Automatic error handling and the possibility to stop scenarios at the sign of an error
- Iterators and aggregators, to split data into individual parts and merge individual data into one single bundle, respectively.
- Users can choose from where to start processing the data in their scenarios.
- The ability to parse and manipulate HTML, and to scrape data from a site.
- Dynamic mapping, which allows for the use of functions and operators when mapping variables.
- Math functions, similar to spreadsheet ones, to use within scenarios.
- Encode and decode URL within text and binary functions.
- Array manipulation, JSON/XML parsing, and serialization, cycles, and transactions.
While Zapier is a great tool for simple integrations, Integromat offers a range of features that is unparalleled and represents a serious upgrade in light of the challenges individual users and businesses face on a recurring basis.
Now, let’s say you’ve decided to switch: how to go about it?
The Smooth Transition From Zapier to Integromat
Although Zapier benefits from a long list of featured apps, you can virtually recreate any Zap on Integromat by:
- Using Integromat’s apps and services, or
- By using webhooks/mailhooks, HTTP, or JSON to create custom integrations.
Moreover, there is a Zapier integration available for those who are planning to transition slowly or want to keep zaps active while benefiting from the flexibility Integromat offers.
It allows you to exchange data between a scenario on Integromat and a zap on Zapier, which means you can build advanced scenarios without having to move over all your integrations to Integromat right away. This article details how to set up the integration and start working with both platforms.
Another precious resource for new users is our Template library.
Based on specific use cases, we offer 1500+ out-of-the-box templates, covering both basic and advanced integration needs.
Playing around with Integromat is an interactive experience and you will learn very fast. Here are some useful resources to get you started:
- The product FAQ, addressing general, frequently asked questions.
- Our Help Center, gathering guides, and tutorial videos about apps and topics.
- The Integromat Academy, providing an immersive experience of the platform.
- Our Facebook Community, for Integromat users to gather and exchange.
- Finally, our Customer Support team is always happy to help with any issue you’re facing with the product.
You are now ready to start exploring Integromat and automating your processes. Happy automating!