Introducing the COVID-19 App: Real-time Data for Your Project
The times are tough, but the Integromat team is determined to help.
In an effort to support communities, businesses, and institutions during the ongoing pandemic, we are introducing the COVID-19 Integromat App.
With the circumstances calling for transparent, reliable information, we are convinced that the app will help these and other actors get valuable data to use in their projects and workflows.
The data provided by the app is:
- Coming from trustworthy sources in the scientific community
About the COVID-19 App
The COVID-19 app was developed to support individuals and teams in the global pandemic.
It pulls real-time data from the Johns Hopkins Whiting School of Engineering repositories, enabling the delivery of accurate, structured information about pandemic numbers across the globe.
Having this data at arm’s reach is critical in a context where information overload and fake news run rampant.
What Does the COVID-19 App Do?
The app can be used to build scenarios with real-time COVID-19 data and automatically send it to any other app or device with ease. Some of the entities that can benefit from it are:
- Businesses working in areas affected by the pandemic
- Government institutions, NGOs, nonprofit organizations
- Healthcare and social services
- Media outlets and news organizations
- Social media platforms, and other relevant online communities where people gather and interact
- Community leaders and volunteers
Additionally, the COVID-19 app is completely free, meaning that operations performed by the app modules will not be counted or billed.*
If you wish to see how it can be used, please check out the use cases and templates below.
Use Case #1: Dispatch Volunteers to Critical Areas
As COVID-19 spreads globally, healthcare and nonprofit organizations need to know which areas in the country are affected (and how) so they can send volunteers to help.
Understanding which areas are affected is the first step toward efficient planning and resource assignment.
By using the COVID-19 app in conjunction with other apps, you can start processing data to evaluate which areas require volunteers and organize help accordingly.
This use case is fairly simple: it keeps track of COVID data on a regular basis and displays it on your favorite project management tool. With all the data on one screen, organizations can quickly decide where to assign volunteers and resources.
- The system can be rapidly assembled and deployed using readily available project management apps
- Multiple data markers can be picked up to refine the resource assignment process: location, number of available volunteers, assignments per volunteer, and so on
Use Case #2: Deliver Essential Items to Quarantined Individuals
As a consequence of the pandemic, individuals showing symptoms of Coronavirus are to avoid any public space, including grocery stores and pharmacies.
This situation can be particularly difficult for those who live alone and don’t have the means or connections necessary to get the essential items that they need.
Businesses and individuals can help the isolated members in their communities by implementing a simple solution that starts with a Google Form.
A form is sent via email or text to isolated individuals, who in turn will fill it specifying the following:
- Supplies that they need
- Time slots for receiving the supplies
- Payment method
As well as other important information. After this, delivery personnel will get the request via email notification. The information is also sent to a project management tool and stored.
In addition, a recurring email can be set up to check upon individuals who have been served, and see if they need anything else.
- Reduce the exposure risk of entire communities by taking efficient care of neighbors with symptoms
- Strengthen the sense of community by ensuring that everyone gets taken care of
- Get ahead of potential supply problems, and react accordingly to surging demand
Use Case #3: Unify Your Messages Across Online Platforms
In the wake of quarantine and social distancing practices, messaging services and social media platforms have become the primary source of communication between businesses, organizations, and individuals.
However, not every company is using social media accordingly. Cross-posting is not happening at the same time, and messages do not always contain the same information, which leads to confusion.
It is vital to update important stakeholders right away, so people can be in the know about what goes on.
In order to keep everyone updated with the latest information, companies need to show consistency and transparency when communicating across different social media platforms.
By connecting the COVID-19 app to different social media platforms, companies and organizations can set up scheduled updates across the board. Posts with vital information will be automatically launched at one or more selected times and will contain the same information to ensure cohesiveness and avoid confusion.
- Updates need to be consistent across the board, since not everyone uses the same platforms
- In times of uncertainty, structure provides security. Pre-programmed updates offer exactly that: structured information that can be released at the same hour every day
Use Case #4: Get Notified About COVID-19 Questions
E-commerce businesses are receiving a large number of calls and emails about COVID-19 related issues, and responding to them manually is time and resource-consuming.
Companies using Freshdesk can quickly deploy an automated channel to answer COVID-related inquiries.
Whenever a ticket is received, it will go to a specific Slack channel (i.e. “#covidmail”). There, company employees will be able to evaluate inquiries and decide who is responsible for answering each one.
A variation that allows for more granular information can be developed using an Airtable form instead of Freshdesk. The webhook is stored in the form, and when the person submits the form, the webhook is triggered:
- Using Airtable Forms Answers: Save current COVID-19 stats for the location of the submitter of form in Airtable
- Using FreshDesk Tickets: Save current COVID-19 stats for the location of requester of ticket in Freshdesk
- A dedicated channel for COVID-related inquiries improves your workflows and saves your company time and money
- The implementation of a shared Slack channel is a great way to keep everyone in the loop about COVID-19 inquiries
- The system prevents inquiries from getting siloed in different email accounts
Now is the time to make critical processes easier, leaner, and better.
A better access to data, faster systems, and free-flowing communications can’t wait.
We hope that the COVID-19 app will help relieve some of the stress individuals and businesses are facing. In the meantime, we will keep developing solutions to make things a little bit easier for everyone around the world.
Stay safe, friends.
*COVID-19 app operations only. Other app operations in shared scenarios and templates will be counted and billed. For example, a scenario using the COVID-19 app and ManyChat will only count and bill the operations originating, ending and/or passing through the ManyChat app only.